Welcome to the GVTTC FLEX League! FLEXible league allows you to play in a competitive format as your schedule allows. The scoring was designed to encourage participation and reward improvement, not just your win/loss record.
- Anybody! Cost is $7 per night for League or Open Play members. $10 per night for the rest
- 24 MAX Spots! Website signup up until 5pm day of is priority. After 5pm, you’ll need to walk up and see if there’s room.
How it works?
- Signup is for a single session on the day specified, not an entire season like with our traditional leagues
- Flex League awards will be based on a 2 month snapshot. For Example, January/Feruary then March/April. Our first session will run from Nov. 15, 2019 - Dec. 31, 2019 on Fridays.
- Although there are benefits for attending each week, you are NOT required to commit for every session in the two month FLEX League.
- Players are allowed to sign up on the fly up until 5:00pm on the day of the league. If you need to withdraw for any reason (work, traffic, etc) please notify us by 6:00pm.
- Depending on the number of signups, players will be split into 2-4 groups based on RatingsCentral rating. From there, random draws will be used to assign 3-5 players to a table for a round robin.
- Draws will be created after 6:00pm and league play begins at 6:30pm. If you do not arrive by 7:00pm you will not receive league points.
- Results will be processed in RatingsCentral to determine whether each player's rating went up or down.
- Players receive 1 league point for playing their matches.
- Players receive an additional 1 league point if their RatingsCentral rating stays neutral OR an additional 2 league points if their RatingsCentral rating goes up.
- Bob starts the night with a rating of 1050. He goes 2-1 for the night and his new rating is 1077. Bob will receive 1 point for playing and 2 points for improving for a total of 3 league points for the night.
- John starts the night with a rating of 1430. He goes 1-2 for the night and his new rating is 1402. John will receive 1 point for playing.
Ranking and awards (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- The ranking order is determined first by total number of league points, with match win percentage and then game win percentage being used for tiebreakers.
- There will be three award categories: Beginner (RatingsCentral <600), Intermediate (RatingsCentral 600-1200), and Experienced (RatingsCentral >1200).
- Prize Money: GVTTC will reserve 35% of monies collected toward an award payout pool. Each category will receive a cash award based on end of FLEX league results (every 2 months).
- Award payout pool will be distributed at the end of each FLEX league session based on results as follows.
- Experience: 1st place gets 22% | 2nd place gets 11%
- Intermediate: 1st place gets 22% | 2nd place gets 11%
- Beginner: 1st place gets 22% | 2nd place gets 11%