Welcome to the GVTTC FLEX League! FLEXible league allows you to play in a competitive format as your schedule allows. The scoring was designed to encourage participation and reward improvement, not just your win/loss record.
- Anybody! Cost is $7 per night for GVTTC members. $10 per night for non-members
- 24 MAX Spots! Website signup up until 5pm day of is priority. After 5pm, walk ups are possible but online signup is the only official way to ensure you're in the 24
How it works?
- Signup is for a single session on the day specified, not an entire season like with our traditional leagues
- Flex League awards will be based on a 2 month snapshot. For Example, January/Feruary then March/April. Our first session will run from Nov. 15, 2019 - Dec. 31, 2019 on Fridays.
- Although there are benefits for attending each week, you are NOT required to commit for every session in the two month FLEX League.
- Players are allowed to sign online until 5:00pm on the day of the league. If you need to withdraw for any reason (work, traffic, etc) please notify us by 6:00pm.
- Depending on the number of signups, players will be split into up to three playing groups based on RatingsCentral rating. From there, random draws will be used to assign up to 4/5 players to a table for a round robin.
- Matches will be best 3 games of 5 up to 11 point with normal GVTTC rules. Warmup for matches should last no longer than 2 minutes.
- Draws will be created after 6:00pm and league play begins at 6:30pm. If you do not arrive by 7:00pm you will not receive league points.
- Results will be processed in RatingsCentral to determine whether each player's rating went up or down.
- Players receive 1 league point for playing their matches.
- Players receive an additional 1 league point if their RatingsCentral rating stays neutral OR an additional 2 league points if their RatingsCentral rating goes up.
- Bob starts the night with a rating of 1050. He goes 2-1 for the night and his new rating is 1077. Bob will receive 1 point for playing and 2 points for improving for a total of 3 league points for the night.
- John starts the night with a rating of 1430. He goes 1-2 for the night and his new rating is 1402. John will receive 1 point for playing.
Ranking and awards (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- The ranking order is determined first by total number of league points, with match win percentage and then game win percentage being used for tiebreakers.
- There will be three award categories: Beginner (RatingsCentral <600), Intermediate (RatingsCentral 600-1200), and Experienced (RatingsCentral >1200).
- Prize Money: GVTTC will reserve 35% of monies collected toward an award payout pool. Each category will receive a cash award based on end of FLEX league results (every 8 sessions).
- Award payout pool will be distributed at the end of each FLEX league session based on results as follows.
- Experience: 1st place gets 22% | 2nd place gets 11%
- Intermediate: 1st place gets 22% | 2nd place gets 11%
- Beginner: 1st place gets 22% | 2nd place gets 11%